Creating a healthy work environment, managing work-life balance, ergonomic practices, and promoting mental and physical well-being at work
Yoga can be practised individually or in a group setting, and both can have a significant positive impact on the practitioner. Start doing yoga now for better physical and mental health; it will increase your stamina and keep you energised all day. By establishing a group exercise session like yoga up to three times per week in corporate facilities, businesses can also experience benefits such as greater employee satisfaction, good physical and mental health, lower rates of turnover, increased productivity, and higher employee morale.
Practising Work Life Balance
We must put in place a framework in our lives that will facilitate this harmonic balancing act between our personal and professional activities if we are to attain work-life balance. We become so engrossed in our busy schedules that we simply forget to live. While having a purpose for our work lives is crucial, we should also have one for our personal lives. So many people are unable to live this life in a way that is genuinely joyful because they are mired in a rut, like hamsters spinning in circles. Stress and worry as a result of this have caused a great deal of mental suffering. The practise of spirituality offers a remedy for this imbalance.
Chair Yoga benefits at Workplace
Chair yoga may be used to enhance posture, increase flexibility, and enhance balance while preventing injury, among many other emotional and spiritual advantages. When you adapt yoga postures to be performed while seated in a chair, the practise is known as chair yoga. You should stretch, bend, and twist at least once per hour, whether at work or at home.
Chair Spinal Twist - Ardha Matsyendrasana
· Come to sit sideways on the chair, facing to the left.
· Twist your torso toward the right, holding onto the back of the chair, for a spinal twist.
· Elongate your spine on each inhale and twist on each exhale for five breaths.
· Shift your legs around to the left side of the chair and repeat the twist to the right side.
Chair Veera Bhadrasana
· As you exhale, stretch out to open up the arms with the right arm coming forward and the left arm going back.
· Pull the left hip back and turn the torso to the left, so that it is aligned with the front of the chair.
· Look out over the right fingertips and hold this pose for 3 breaths.
Chair Eagle – Garudasana
· Wrap your right thigh over your left thigh for Garudasana or Eagle pose. Right foot completely encircles the left calf.
· Repeat the action with your arms by crossing the left one over the right elbow. If you can, make the Namaste sign by bending your elbows and touching your hands together.
· Lift your elbows while maintaining relaxed shoulders. 3–5 breaths should be held.
· Repeat on the other side.
Meditation Technique- Sthiti Dhyan
This meditation practise may be used to reduce anxiety, improve consciousness, and transform any unpleasant experiences.
• Use a journal to record all of your observations and the various sensations you feel. This will help you improve your observation skills, make you more focused and alert, and eliminate distractions. • Stand or sit comfortably. • Be aware of the surroundings, including sounds, smells, colours, and other elements.
Around The World
"My Primary Objective Is To Bring Mental Health Into The Limelight" - Gordon McInally
BW Wellbeing World in conversation with Rotary International President Elect Gordon McInally (2023-24) ...
Stay True To Your Guru
Guru, a term denoting one who brings light and eliminates darkness, holds the key to enlightenment by dispelling the shadows that hinder your path tow...
Kidney Disease In Elderly People
Unique challenges and optimizing care for aging patients...
Environmental Certifications In Real Estate
In the realm of real estate, environmental certifications are optional initiatives that evaluate and certify the sustainability and environmental effi...
Cultural Celebrations And Wellbeing
Exploring the impact of Indian festivals and rituals on mental health and social connections ...
Work-Life Balance In India
Analyzing the impact of work-related stress on overall health and wellbeing ...