Are You Emotionally Healthy?
While many of us put a lot of attention on our exteriors – we royally ignore our behaviour and emotions. However, there is an increasing realisation[..]
While many of us put a lot of attention on our exteriors – we royally ignore our behaviour and emotions. However, there is an increasing realisation that our exteriors are a reflection of our inner self – however much we try to hide it.
Importance of complete wellbeing is coming to the fore – and with it there is increased focus on emotional health. It is being acknowledged that people who have high emotional intelligence are happier and more passionate about life. They have a sense of meaning in their lives!
Emotional health does not only mean not having psychological disorders but it is also about having positive emotions and experiences.
Emotional wellness does not mean that you do not have problems in your life. It is about how you approach problems in your life and how much you enjoy happy moments in your life.
Check yourself on the following parameters to gauge how emotionally healthy you are!
- You are sensitive to needs and feelings of other people. You treat them well without thinking about how useful these other people are to you
- You are happy in your skin and like who you are. You know your strengths and weaknesses and are fine by them
- You do not feel the need to ‘project’ a different image to the world – and do not hesitate in presenting the real you
- You are adaptable to different situations and circumstances effortlessly. You access a situation mindfully and react accordingly
- You embrace your emotions be it joy and excitement or fear, anger and sadness. You handle difficult emotions without getting overwhelmed with them
- You believe in leading a purposeful life instead of floating in and out of situations
- You believe in positive interactions and are engaged in enriching relationships
- You place a high value on personal development. You believe in learning and growing
- You Practice gratitude as a healthy way to attract more of the things you want in your life
Around The World
Improved prediction of which pregnancies are likely to result in stillbirth, neonatal death, or extremely preterm delivery will aid in identifying the...
The celebration concludes along with over 15,000 Bhagavata Purana Sets distributed ...
Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma) —spiritual leader, humanitarian and visionary—was born on 3rd October, 1953 in a remote coastal village in Kerala...
The findings, which will help with genetic counselling were published in The Lancet Oncology....
Being fully present when studying, rather than letting the mind wander, can lead to more efficient learning and better recall during exams...
Discussing the connection between spiritual well-being and mental health and exploring practices that promote both ...