10 Quick, Smart Methods to Establish Corporate Wellness
Building a successful corporate wellness program takes time and includes a wellness solution that is embedded in the culture of the organization. These programs should continually evolve to meet the needs of employees, thereby supporting the goals of the business.
Photo Credit : Shutterstock,
Employees spend a lot of time in the workplace, and correlating wellness goals with work life balance is critical to driving business outcomes. Having corporate wellness programs are imperative to the foundation of any business. Building a successful corporate wellness program takes time and includes a wellness solution that is embedded in the culture of the organization. These programs should continually evolve to meet the needs of employees, thereby supporting the goals of the business.
Corporate wellness programs are designed to support and encourage a holistic approach to employee wellbeing by creating an organizational culture of health.Any corporate should aim for a culture of wellness, a holistic system where the pillars and essential elements are built into the company’s basic structure.
It is not just enough to have wellness solutions, but companies and organizations should aim at having smart, quick and efficient wellness solutions. This will only ensure quick results in both your employees health and the productivity of the company as a whole.
Though there are lots of ways employees can naturally mitigate tension and anxiety while promoting wellness at work, there are some more methods added to the list:
- Encourage connection: It is essential to connect and communicate at your workplace. Happy people often have good relationships with their colleagues. Having an office show may promote the same.
- Encourage preparedness: It is quite a task to stay calm when you know of all the stress. Thinking about the positive outcomes of failures may help in re-programming your brain to deal with stress more efficiently. Being prepared helps you plan and achieve what you initially set out to.
- Encourage rest: All of us know that a well-rested mind and well-rested body are more capable of being productive than a tired one. At times work can be so stressful, that we all need a couple of minutes or maybe an hour of rest. It would help, if organizations had a nap room, to allow a power nap to employees. This will boost energy, productivity and creativity.
- Encourage meditation: Nothing can compare to meditation to relax your mind and improve your productivity. Calming your mind, provides you with a serene work environment and relieves stress.
- Encourage exercise: It is universal knowledge that exercise makes us happy and healthy. Organizations should encourage group exercise activities. These will cultivate the concept of the collective ability to succeed and promote teamwork., thereby promoting wellness at work.
- Encourage giving back: Encouraging charity inspires you to walk, run or bike. These will inculcate team competitions and promote wellness along with raising money for a good cause. Encourage breaks: Everyone needs a break. Be it at the grass-root level, or the CEO. And one should take it whenever possible. This will render you more clear-headed and determined than you were before.
- Encourage pets: Pets can dramatically reduce collective stress, in turn increasing productivity. Some companies allow pets in the workplace, who provide the employees with their quick fix of endorphins in their fuzzy forms.
- Encourage awareness: To prevent a burnout, encourage awareness of stress triggers to thrive at work and home.
- Encourage morale: Setting aside a time each month to celebrate the company culture boosts the morale of the employees. It brings together all employees and everyone take pride in their work and organization.
- Boosting your employees’ morale is a definite way to improve the productivity and creativity of any organization.
Remember, healthy workers are happy workers and make a happy successful organization.
Around The World
Dr Annurag Batra, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of BW Businessworld and exchange4media, Kavi Bhandari and Resham Suhail in conversation with Poonacha M...
We all know that the risk is small when comparing the number of people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have recovered with the number who ha...
Crisis always throws us out of comfort and known coping mechanism. It churns new situations, new experiences and creates a need for more in-depth expl...
According to Quantum physics everything is energy! All of us vibrate at a certain frequency depending upon the person we are and the moods we are expe...
Staying at home in the lockdown raises grave concerns about the health wherein diet plays an important role...
At this time, we should cook something different yet healthy. We can always try different types of salads like Mexican salad, nutritional drinks, scr...